Thursday, March 13, 2014

S.R. Reflection

The most important thing I have gained from writing a summary response paper was every aspect, considering this was my first. I've learned that it is best to brain storm as many ideas that you grasp from the reading prior to writing. As a writer I have learned that organization is key to a successful paper. As a student, I learned that it is important to pay attention to the details defined in the assignment.The most challenging aspect of writing my summary and response paper was trying to summarize such a large article with only 250 words. I tried my best to condense my paper down but still struggled at the end when choosing which sentences to keep. The next time I write a summary down, I will be sure to read the instructions, prior to beginning my summary.

The quote written by Norman Maclean fits perfectly with my experience writing my summary and response paper. When I originally read my article, I had a pretty good idea of what my response would look like but as I typed it out things changed. The more I wrote my response, the more angles I realized I had to respond to. When I typed out my final copy, I couldn't help but check back and change little things here and there.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Vanessa. Thank you. I am glad that you have already recognized how important organization is in order to be successful when writing a paper. I couldn't agree more. And, unfortunately, this is also one of the hardest parts. You make some good observations here and seem very self-aware. This will certainly benefit you in your future assignments as well. Thanks for the hard work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete